1. Account for (=explain)
Example: The army made no attempt to account for the missing men.
2. Accustom oneself to (làm quen với)
Example: I’ll try to accustom myself to the changes.
3. Agree to a plan (đồng ý)
Example: Both sides agreed to the terms of the contract.
4. Agree with someone
Example: Much as I respect you, I can’t agree with you in this case.
5. Approve of (=agree)
Example: I thoroughly approve of what the management is doing.
6. Arrive at/in (địa điểm nhỏ: at; địa điểm lớn:in)
Example : It was dark when we arrived at the station.
It was dark when we arrived in London.
7. Caution against (thận trọng với)
Example: The authority cautioned the local residents against buying Chinese fruit.
8. Compete with (cạnh tranh với)
Example: If a company competes with another, it tries to get people buy its products instead of the other company.
9. Contribute to (đóng góp)
Example: Falling sales in the American market contributed to the company’s collapse.
10. Cooperate with (hợp tác với)
Example: He said he had cooperated with the government in its investigation.
11. Deal with (giải quyết, xử lí)
Example: The second part of the contract deals with the duties of both sides.
12. Decide on (quyết định)
Example: We’ve decided on the new design for the house.
13. Increase/Decrease by (tăng/giảm bao nhiêu)
Example: House rent increased by 5% last month.
14. Depend on (phụ thuộc vào)
Example: The city economy depends largely on the car industry.
15. Divide …into (chia thành)
Example: The manager divided the staff into 4 groups working on the project.
16. Divide between (2 people)
Example: John divides his energies between running the company and playing golf.
17. Divide among (more than 2 people)
Example : I think we should divide the costs equally among us.
18. Interfere with (can thiệp)
Example: Even a low level of noise interferes with my concentration.
19. Invest in (đầu tư vào cái gì)
Example: The company invested millions of dollars in the new programs.
20. Participate in (tham gia)
Example: Tom never participates in any of our discussions.
21. Prior to (=before)
Ví dụ: Ở phần 4 đề thi TOEIC, tình huống thông báo ở sân bay/ ga tàu rất hay có câu “ Please arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to your flight departure” (Hãy đến sân bay sớm 2 tiếng trước giờ khởi hành!)
22. In favour/favor of (tán thành, ủng hộ)
Ví dụ: The majority was in favor of the new proposal.
23. In charge of (chịu trách nhiệm)
Ví dụ: Mr. Phillip Vargas is in charge of the Sales Department.
24. On account of (=because of)
Ví dụ: The game was delayed on account of the rain.
25. By means of (bằng cách)
Ví dụ: She tried to explain by means of sign language.
26. Be at stake (be in danger- gặp nguy hiểm)
Ví dụ: Thousands of people will be at stake if emergency aid does not arrive soon.
27. Be concerned about (lo lắng về vấn đề gì)
Ví dụ: I’m a bit concerned about the limited time for this project.
28. Take something into consideration (quan tâm, chú trọng đến cái gì)
Ví dụ: When choosing a supplier, we should take price into consideration.
29. Demand for (nhu cầu cho sản phẩm gì)
Ví dụ: There’s no demand for that product nowadays.
30. Take advantage of something (tận dụng/lợi dụng cái gì)
Ví dụ: You shouldn’t take advantage of his generosity.
Bạn có thích bài viết Cụm động từ thường gặp trong Toeic của Học Tiếng Anh Mỗi Ngày không? Nếu thích, hãy subscribe blog của tôi để cập nhật nhanh những bài học, những kinh nghiệm được chia sẻ mới nhất qua email nhé ♡ !